Treatment of brand new Instruments
Brand new instruments must be cleaned before the first sterilization or use. Protective caps and protective films must be removed completely, for example in the case of chisels, raspatories or microsurgical instruments.
Cleaning-Disinfection-Sterilization of instruments and handpieces
Hi Tech International instruments are renowned worldwide for their reliability and durability. As with any tool the handpieces require periodic maintenance. Premature wear and malfunctions can be avoided by following the Instructions for Instrument Care listed below. If the device needs repair or maintenance after all, please contact your local Hi Tech International representative.
- For any machine-based cleaning, place the instruments in a ?wire/mesh basket? suitable for the cleaning process (make sure cleaning solution and rinse water comes into contact with all parts of instrument).
- Completely dismantle any dismantle-able instruments.
- A dry disposal is preferred.
- For a wet disposal, use an active cleaning disinfectant. Rinse the instrument thoroughly with clear, flowing water before machine cleaning and disinfection.
- Place the instrument into a suitable disinfectant with active cleaning properties so that all the surfaces, inner cavities, lumens and openings come into contact with the solution. Follow the disinfectant manufacturer's instructions.
- After chemical disinfection, always rinse thoroughly with clear, flowing water.
- Remove any dirt still clinging to the instrument with a soft synthetic brush. Do not use a scouring tool or metal brush.
- Clean any lumens and conduits with soft, round, synthetic brushes. Please note that the lumen and brush must have the same diameter.
- Final rinsing to be done with distilled or deionized water.
- Dry the instrument with an absorbent, soft and lint-free cloth.
- Dry lumens and conduits with compressed air.
- Select the program according to the material (e.g. stainless instrument steel, aluminium) of the instrument to be cleaned. Follow the machine manufacturer's instructions.
- Final rinsing to be done with deionized water.
- Leave sufficient time for drying.
- Remove the instrument from the machine immediately after the process is done.
- Let instrument cool down to room temperature.
- Lubricate movable parts (e.g. joints and ends) slightly with special sterilization-capable, vapor-permeable lubricant (e.g. STERILIT oil spray JG 600 or Lubricant JG 598, physiologically safe according to DAB and ? 31 LMBG).
- After each cleaning, disinfection process, check the instrument to make sure it is adequately clean, functions properly and has not suffered any damage, e.g. bent, broken, fractured or have worn parts.
- Discard any damaged and defective instrument and replace with a new one.
- Place instruments with the fine working end and/or microsurgery instruments in a suitable storage rack.
- Secure instruments with lock in the first detent.